That is your mind on too many power drinks — and it could possibly be lethal.
Ask Englishman Nick Mitchell, a divorced dad with three grown children who gulped 25 power drinks in six hours and suffered a mind hemorrhage and a sequence of mini-strokes from the caffeine overdose.
Mitchell survived the 23 Pink Bulls and two Monster power drinks that he downed in succession throughout a karaoke occasion.
However eight years later, Mitchell, a 56-year-old mechanic, nonetheless struggles to recollect and pronounce some phrases. He’s campaigning to ban the drinks.
“These drinks almost killed me. I used to be so near dying and thought I may not make it by way of surgical procedure,” Mitchell instructed Metro. “They shouldn’t be offered. They’re as unhealthy as medicine and ought to be banned.”
“Caffeine could cause a hyperactivity episode within the mind,” neurologist Mohammed Dashti instructed the Mirror. “Too many of those in a brief house of time can result in a speedy surge of blood move and the narrowing of vessels. It is a very harmful mixture and may trigger the rupture of a blood vessel that may result in a bleed on the mind or a coronary heart assault.”
A Pink Bull spokesman instructed Metro 250 ml can of Pink Bull incorporates 80 mg of caffeine, about the identical as a cup of home-brewed espresso. The European Meals Security Authority has said that caffeine consumption of as much as 400 mg per day (5 250 ml cans or 5 cups of espresso) doesn’t increase security issues for the final wholesome grownup inhabitants.”
Monster has but to remark.