The publicist who says Oscar winner Paul Haggis raped her in his SoHo condo needs the “Million Greenback Child” screenwriter sanctioned for suing her.
“His case is a rapist’s try and silence and intimidate his sufferer,” attorneys for accuser Haleigh Breest wrote in new paperwork filed Monday in Manhattan.
“This case needs to be swiftly dismissed and Haggis needs to be sanctioned by the courtroom,” the dismissal and sanctions movement paperwork states. “This case is frivolous as a result of it was filed to harass or maliciously injure Ms. Breest.”
The lawsuit filed by Haggis accuses Breest of intentional infliction of emotional misery. It claims she tried to shake him down for a $9 million payday by threatening to go public along with her allegations.
“The clear purpose of (Breest’s) demand for such an absurd sum of money from (Haggis) is to scare him into giving this windfall to her to keep away from his public hanging,” the lawsuit filed by Haggis on Dec. 15 states.
Breest’s camp insists the Haggis declare was retaliation for her try and resolve the matter with pre-litigation settlement discussions.
Breest filed a dueling grievance Dec. 15 alleging Haggis raped and sexually assaulted her in January 2013 after a film premiere on the Higher West Aspect.
She claims the “Crash” author and director insisted she be part of him for a drink and commenced kissing her aggressively as soon as they had been alone in his condo.
Breest claims Haggis pressured himself on her and raped her.
The courtroom has but to rule on both case.
After Breest filed her declare, three extra ladies stepped ahead with separate claims of sexual misconduct in opposition to Haggis.
One was one other publicist who says Haggis raped her after forcing her to carry out oral intercourse.
Of their new submitting, Breest’s attorneys panned the Haggis lawsuit as “a scare tactic designed to intimidate Ms. Breest and the opposite ladies who’ve now alleged that Haggis additionally raped and sexually assaulted them.”