Small grease fire quickly extinguished at Bluffton Food Lion Wednesday evening

147875 articles in the archive and more added every day

Small grease fire quickly extinguished at Bluffton Food Lion Wednesday evening

Staff reports
info@islandpacket.com
Published Thursday, February 14, 2013   |  96 Words  |  

A small grease fire broke out Wednesday evening at the Bluffton Food Lion, but was quickly extinguished.

At about 6:15 p.m., Bluffton Township Fire District firefighters were called to the Food Lion on Fording Island Road. A small grease fire had started in the deli area of the store.

An employee was able to put out the fire with a fire extinguisher. One engine company and one truck company remained on scene to help the store with smoke removal.

Customers were allowed back within the building within 30 minutes.