The Island Packet and The Beaufort Gazette correct all errors of fact. If you see an error in this article, please call the city desk at 843-706-8139. Corrections and clarifications will appear in this space.
Web sites may link directly to search results and individual articles without permission.
Up to one paragraph of text may be included from an article as long as full attribution is given and the attribution links back to the full article.
To republish more than one paragraph of text, please contact us for permission.
A fire burned down the garage of an unoccupied Hilton Head Plantation home early Monday, according to the Town of Hilton Head Fire & Rescue Division.
A neighbor reported that the house on Crepe Myrtle Court was on fire at about 4:30 a.m. with flames showing through the roof, a news release said.
When firefighters arrived, the garage was engulfed in flames. They put out the fire before it caused major damage to the main section of the home.
It appeared the blaze started outside the garage near an electrical outlet and then spread.
No one was at home at the time of the fire.