Anyone with information on the shooting Tuesday night at Subway or about Rajerick Lovell Knight's whereabouts should call the Beaufort County Dispatch Center at 843-524-2777
The Island Packet and The Beaufort Gazette correct all errors of fact. If you see an error in this article, please call the city desk at 843-706-8139. Corrections and clarifications will appear in this space.
Web sites may link directly to search results and individual articles without permission.
Up to one paragraph of text may be included from an article as long as full attribution is given and the attribution links back to the full article.
To republish more than one paragraph of text, please contact us for permission.
The Beaufort Police Department has identified a 23-year-old Burton man as the suspect in a fatal shooting Tuesday in Beaufort, but they have not found him yet.
Rajerick Lovell Knight of Tammy Lane is wanted for the murder of Travis Sentell Holmes, 28, inside the Subway restaurant along Robert Smalls Parkway, said Police Chief Matt Clancy.
Knight's home in Burton was raided late Wednesday by the Beaufort County SWAT Team, but authorities did not locate him, Clancy said.
Investigators said they seized several pieces of potential evidence from Knight's home but declined to say what items were taken.
Deputy Police Chief Dale McDorman said police aren't sure where Knight is and want the public's help finding him.
"We appreciate the information received so far, and we ask anyone with information on this case to call us, anonymously if they wish," McDorman said.
Holmes was inside the sandwich shop at about 7 p.m. when Knight and a woman entered, according to police.
The woman's name has not been released, and it is unclear whether she'll be charged in connection with the killing.
Knight left the restaurant with the woman but quickly returned and opened fired on Holmes, police said.
Holmes was pronounced dead at the scene.
McDorman said investigators have not determined whether Holmes and Knight had a prior relationship.
"There are theories concerning (a) motive; however, none are confirmed as of yet," McDorman said.
Knight has been arrested three times in Beaufort County since 2006, including once for pointing a gun at a person and assault with intent to kill in November 2006, according to county court records.
He pleaded guilty to the firearm charge and was sentenced to 18 months of probation, court records show.
Knight was arrested most recently in July 2010 for unlawful carrying of a pistol. He pleaded guilty and was fined.
Police say Knight should be considered armed and dangerous.
Follow reporter Patrick Donohue at twitter.com/ProtectServeBft.